|CHAIR:||Samuel Zuvekas||Address: U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20853, United States of America
Phone: 1 301 427 1673
Fax: 1 301 427 1276
||Ella Rytik||Address: Mental Health Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Zagorodnoje Shosse, 2/2, 113152 Moscow, Russia
Phone: 7 495 952 8850
Fax: 7 495 952 9201
|SECRETARY:||Torleif Ruud||Address: Department of Research and Development, Division of Mental Health Services, Akershus University Hospital, 1478 Lorenskog, Norway
Phone: 47 6792 9460
>> Please click here to see the Section Members list
The Section on Mental Health Economics was established in 1998 and given permanent status approval by the World Psychiatric Association in 1999.
The principal aim of the Section is to encourage interdisciplinary research between psychiatrists, economists and other professionals in the mental health sector in order to enable a common language and scientific background between those who finance, provide and use services for mental and addictive disorders in the various countries of the world.
- Promote the development of high quality interdisciplinary research in mental health economics.
- Provide clinicians scientific information on mental health economics to be used for decision making and advocating the needs of the mental health sector.
- Develop communication networks among those who finance, provide and use services for mental and addictive disorders.
Address: International Center of Mental Health Policy and Economics, Via Daniele Crespi 720123, Milano, Italy
Phone / Fax: 39-02-5810 6901
- 9-19 July, 2008 - INTERDISCIPLINARY POSDTGRADUATE TRAINING IN MENTAL HEALTH POLICY AND ECONOMICS RESEARCH, Venice, Italy.
Sponsorship: WPA Section on Mental Health Economics
Contact: Dr. Massimo Moscarelli
- Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Training in Mental Health Policy and Economics Research: http://www.icmpe.org/test1/training/index.htm
- Workshops at World level and Meetings at Regional level enable participants (psychiatrists, psychologists, sociologists, health economists, public health researchers, statisticians from universities, government agencies, hospital research units) to come together and discuss research data and seek ways to use this information in decision making.
- 8th Workshop on Costs and Assessment in Psychiatry : INVESTING IN MENTAL HEALTH POLICY AND ECONOMICS RESEARCH, Venice, March 9-11, 2007 http://www.icmpe.org/test1/events/events.htm
The Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics, a distinguished quarterly peer reviewed journal, has been designated as the Official Journal of the Section on Mental Health Economics.
Please, search more information on the Section on Mental Health Economics on www.icmpe.org