|Address: University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Boston Children’s Hospital 300 Longwood Avenue Boston, MA 02115 United States of America
Phone: +1 617 355 7166
Fax: +1 617 730 0049
|Address: Charles Bell House 67-73 Riding House Street London W1 W7EY United Kingdom
Phone: +44 207 9743788
||Address: Muideen Bakare Child and Adolescent Unit Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital Upper Chime New Haven, Enugu Enugu State Nigeria
Phone: +234 703 0970 079/+234 805 2210 933
The Section on Mental Retardation was established by Frank Menolascino, who also founded the modern psychiatry of intellectual disability in the 60s.
The principal aim of the Section is to encourage the field of intellectual disability in psychiatry, providing support to scientific initiatives related to mental health in persons with intellectual disabilities, particularly throughout intersectional cooperation within WPA. The Section is also aimed at increasing the scientific knowledge and dissemination and this area of research and care economists and other professionals in the mental health sector in order to enable a common language and scientific background between those who finance, provide and use services for mental and addictive disorders in the various countries of the world.
- Promote the development and scientific dissemination of high quality research in psychiatry of intellectual disability.
- Provide clinicians scientific information and training material on mental health of intellectual disability.
- Develop section special interest workgroups and communication networks with other WPA section as well as other international and national organisations related to intellectual disability
- Section’s Work Plan for the triennium 2006-2008
- Meetings and Activity Reports
- Publications and educational material
- SPID Newsletter Archive
- Symposiums & Conferences
- PROBLEM BEHAVIOURS IN ADULTS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES: INTERNATIONAL GUIDE FOR USING MEDICATION
Editors: S. Deb, L. Salvador-Carulla, J. Barnhill, J. Torr, E. Bradley, H. Kwok, M. Bertelli, N. Bouras
- Italian version
- German version