||Address: Italian Society for the Study of Mental Retardation Via di Rusciano 3 50126 Florence Italy
Phone: 39 055 7392880
Fax: 39 055 7392879
||Address: University of Birmingham School of Psychology Frankland Building Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom
Phone: 44 121 301 2379
Fax: 44 121 301 2379
|SECRETARY:||Henry Wai Ming Kwok
||Address: Kwai Chung Hospital 3-15 Kwai Chung Hospital Rd, New Territories Hong Kong China
Phone: 852 2959 8111
Fax: 852 2445 7610
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Section on Mental Retardation was established by Frank Menolascino, who also founded the modern psychiatry of intellectual disability in the 60s.
The principal aim of the Section is to encourage the field of intellectual disability in psychiatry, providing support to scientific initiatives related to mental health in persons with intellectual disabilities, particularly throughout intersectional cooperation within WPA. The Section is also aimed at increasing the scientific knowledge and dissemination and this area of research and care economists and other professionals in the mental health sector in order to enable a common language and scientific background between those who finance, provide and use services for mental and addictive disorders in the various countries of the world.
- Promote the development and scientific dissemination of high quality research in psychiatry of intellectual disability.
- Provide clinicians scientific information and training material on mental health of intellectual disability.
- Develop section special interest workgroups and communication networks with other WPA section as well as other international and national organisations related to intellectual disability
- Section’s Work Plan for the triennium 2006-2008
- Meetings and Activity Reports
- Publications and educational material
- SPID Newsletter Archive
- Symposiums & Conferences
- PROBLEM BEHAVIOURS IN ADULTS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES: INTERNATIONAL GUIDE FOR USING MEDICATION
Editors: S. Deb, L. Salvador-Carulla, J. Barnhill, J. Torr, E. Bradley, H. Kwok, M. Bertelli, N. Bouras
- Italian version
- German version