||Address: University of Austin, Deerfoot 2630, Austin, TX 78712,
United States of America
Phone: 1 512 448 4042
||Address: Servizio Psichiatrico di Diagnosi e Cura,Piazza Dante 19, 18100 Imperia,
Phone: 39 0183 537021
Fax: 39 0183 295910
||Address: Catholic University, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry and Gemelli General Hospital, Largo F. Vito 1, 00168 Rome,
Phone: 39 0630154922/4422/4332
Fax: 39 0630155767
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Luigi.email@example.com
>> Please click here to see the Section Members and Young Fellows list
- Honorary Members
Prof. Dr. Antonio Rodriguez Lopez (España)
Prof. Dr. Jorge Garcia Badaracco (Argentina)
Prof. Dr. Roland Brocca (Francia)
INTRODUCTION TO ITS FIELD
A first symposium on Mass Media and Psychiatry, chaired by Dr. M.A. Materazzi, was held during the 1971 WPA World Congress held in Mexico City. Symposium. Symposium preparation had relied on a team work including professionals from the University of Buenos Aires, and Hospital Borda (a Buenos Aires-based mental hospital for men). Thereafter, a society by the name of Centro de Investigacion Medicopsicologica de la Comunicacion - CIMP (Center for Medical-psychological Research on Communication), and a Centro de Psicocine (Center for Psychocinema Research) were founded.
Note: Centro de Psicocine was merged as a CIMP working area later on. CIMP is now a foundation by the name of Fundacion para la Investigacion Interdisciplinaria de la Comunicacion - FINTECO (Foundation for Interdisciplinary Research on Communication) For further details, see under Member societies.
The WPA Congress held in Hawaii was another opportunity for the future Section to submit the results of a consistent research work. A wide team of professional from different countries whose activity was coordinated by Dr. M.A. Materazzi (Argentina) join that team work.
Research production is covering a wide range of topics, namely: methodology, ethics, positive or negative use of mass media, teaching, and training of human resources in Medicine, with a special emphasis placed on Psychiatry.
More professionals from other countries adhere to the activities of CIMP.
During the WPA Congress held in Athens, Greece, a great deal of papers from CIMP members are read at CIMP symposium. Activities gain momentum, and CIMP appears at every possible WPA Regional Meetings.
During the WPA Congress held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Dr. M.A. Materazzi considers the possibility to apply por a Section to be created under the name of Section on Mass Media and Mental Health.
During the WPA Congress held in Madrid, Spain, the WPA accepts Dr. M.A. Materazzi's proposal, and Section on Mass Media and Mental Health is included as an ad-hoc Section.
During the WPA Congress in Hamburg, Germany, Section on Mass Media and Mental Health is definitely accepted as a full WPA Section.
Section includes the following Committees: Violence, Education, Ethics, Research, and Prevention.
Recent Regional Meetings and/or Symposia Section has held include: a 3-day megasymposium in Bahia, Brazil (1999), a Section Symposium within the annual Psychiatry Congresses organized by FINTECO which is traditionally held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in June(1999/2000).
WHAT IS NEW IN THE SECTION'S FIELD
A research on satellite communications and satellite prying on people privacy (i.e. the Echelon case, and other technological cases), and consequences thereof.
News about Section on Mass Media and Mental Health are always published in the FINTECO's journal Neurociencias y Humanidades (Neuroscience and the Humanities - www.finteco.8k.com/custom4.html).
Section has already begun to publish books. The first one has been "Mass Media y Salud Mental" (Mass Media and Mental Health). Another book has published by end-2000, is "Psicocine" (Psychocinema).
- Section Meeting in San Remo, January 2007
- Prejudice against Drug Abuse Disorders - Spanish
Prejudice against Drug Abuse Disorders - English
Investigación sobre Prejuicio en Sufrientes Psíquicos Severos con Drogadependencia
- Aproximacion a un Programa Asistencial Desinstitucionalizado
- Music, Culture, and Education
- Multitude, Well-Being, and Quality of Life
- Application of the Psychocinema technique: Occurrences
- Algunas Contribuciones de Piera Aulagnier, André Green y Jorge E. García Badaracco . El Psicoanálisis... ¿No es para todos?
- Psicoanálisis Multifamiliar
- Historia del Psicoanalisis en la Argentina
- Psicoanálisis Multifamiliar en la Prevención del Suicidio
- Trastornos de la Personalidad: Organizaciones Borderline
- Report 2002 - 2005
- The Mass Media and their Relationship with the Postmodern Culture or Late Modernism
- Esquizofrenia y obsesión
- Sobre as Medidas Socioeducativas de Privação de Liberdade
- A Pacifist Message
- Welfare and Quality of Life in the 21st Century / Bienestar y Calidad de Vida en el Siglo XXI
- Report (Spanish)
- El Influjo de los Mass Media en el Adolescente del Mundo Actual. Formas de la Violencia.
- Etica y Salud
- Ecología, Biopolítica y Conciencia de Clase
- La agesividad - La violencia
- Peligrosidad y Medidas de Seguridad
- Tesi di prevenzione
- Arte, Salud y Comunidad
- OPS-Estrategias de Salud Mental en Cuba
- Hospital Psiquiátrico de La Habana (Cuba)
- Informática y Neuropsiquiatria
- Psicoanalisis multifamiliar - Un recurso para un servicio de consultorios externos
- Una mirada hacia el modernismo decaído
- Formación de Recursos y Comunicación Masiva - Agentes de Salud Frente a la Desinformación Estratégica
- Some Basic Concepts for an Interaction with the Sufferer
- An Introduction to Critical Psychiatry
- About The Patient-Institution Relationship: An Investigative Survey
- Le Suicide Chez les Wichí-Mataco, by Mario Calfiano and María Cristina Dasso
- Le Génocide Arménien, un Présent sans Frontieres by Azaduhí-Libertad Telecemian
- Filosofía en la Formación de un Médico Especialista en Psiquiatría
- Sicopatología de la desocupación, by Dr. Roberto García Novarini
- Video clip: Ruth Baar
- De-Stigmatizing Severe Psychic Sufferers Through a Joint Task Force with an Intermediate Organization
- Introduction: Les Avatars de la Clinique, by Dr. S. Alvano et Dr. A. Bauleo
- A Research on Communities Worrying Aspects
- Article: "TAKI ONGOY" OU LE RITE DU CHANT ET DE LA DANSE
>> Sections Meeting, held in Paris, France, February 2003 - Conclusions
>> Annual Event, June, 2002, of the The WPA Section on Mass Media and Mental Health
>> Annual Event 2001
>> Mass Media and Mental Health in the 21st Century: A meeting of some Sections pertaining to the WPA, November 2000