- To extend the Consensus Statement on Prevention and publish it in a Journal. Persons delegated to do it are: Rachel Jenkins, Clemens Hosman, Sadanand Rajkumar, Terry Brugha and Dusica Lecic-Tosevski;
- Intersectional collaboration should be encouraged. One of the ways is to collaborate with other sections with similar area of interest (rehabilitation, disaster, ecology, torture, etc.), in symposia, consensus statements, research, etc.
- WPA EC has delegated our Section to participate in the text on disasters (it will be an extended version of the Consensus Statement on disasters which has been adopted at the General Assembly);
- Members of the Section should contribute to the Sections’ News Bulletin, edited by Prof. George Christodoulou, Secretary fort Sections;
- New Bulletin of our Section would be important to publish. However, this is not easy to achieve, since the Section does not have its own funding;
- Research of the Section should be stimulated. This is one of the suggestions of WPA EC. Most of our members are involved in individual research, and some of it is directly related to prevention, for instance: Multicentric research on trauma and posttraumatic stress, supported by the EU, and involving the centers from London, Dresden, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Rijeka and Belgrade. DLT, chair of the Section is Serbian coordinator of this research project.
- Collaboration with WHO, as one of the goals of WPA. Our new members (Helen Herman, Shakher Saxena), as well as the old ones (Rachel Jenkins) who are directly involved in the WHO work, will be helpful in this respect.
- Symposia as part of WPA congresses should be organized.
- New members are welcome, and should be proposed.
Prof. Dusica Lecic-Tosevski
Chair, WPA Section on Preventive Psychiatry