Final programme available at http://www.wpa2009florence.org
The WPA International Congress "Treatments in Psychiatry: A New Update" will take place in Florence, Italy, from 1 to 4 April, 2009. It will be the follow-up to the 2004 WPA International Congress "Treatments in Psychiatry: An Update", which was the second most attended psychiatric congress worldwide in that year, with almost 7,000 participants. This time, more than 8,000 participants are expected.
The Congress aims to provide a high-quality, comprehensive overview of all evidence-based treaments currently available for all mental disorders. Many of the most renowned experts in the various treatment areas will be among the speakers.
The Congress will consist of the following components:
- ESISM Top-Cited Scientist Lectures (delivered by the scientists who attracted the highest total citations to their papers in indexed journals of psychiatry and psychology over the past 10 years, according to the Essential Science Indicators);
- Update Lectures (providing a comprehensive update on some of the most significant aspects of current treatments in psychiatry);
- Update Symposia (focusing on specific treatment issues, with an active interaction
between speakers and participants);
- Advanced Courses (in which a well-renowned expert will interact with no more than 50 participants);
- Regular Symposia (high-quality Symposia selected from those submitted by April 30, 2008);
- Workshops (high-quality sessions dealing with very specific treatment issues, selected from those submitted by April 30, 2008);
- Section and Zonal Symposia or Workshops (organized by WPA Scientific Sections or Zones);
- New Research Sessions;
- Poster Sessions;
- Sponsored Events.