Address: Op. Dr. Raif Bey Sok. No: 31/2 Morali Ap. Sisli 34360 Istanbul Turkey
Phone: +90 212 219 97 77
Fax: +90 212 343 00 95
President: Prof. Peykan Gokalp - email@example.com
Vice-President: Prof. Yesim Gulsen Parman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary General: Dr. Aytul Gursu Hariri - email@example.com
Treasurer: Dr. Banu Aslantas Ertekin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1914, oldest professional medical organization in Turkey by Neuropsychiatrists of that time. Enhancing the scientific, ethical and organizational quality of the profession. Organizing meetings, training programs for the above mission.
- President: Prof. Peykan Gokalp
- Vice-President: Prof. Dogan Sahin
- Secretary General: Assoc. Prof. Figen Karadag
- Treasurer: Dr. Banu Aslantas Ertekin
- Prof. Figen Karadag - email@example.com
- Dr. Omer Saatcioglu - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Erhan Ertekin - email@example.com
- Ass. Prof. Mustafa Sercan
- Ass. Prof. Solmaz Türkcan
- Ass. Prof. Dogan Sahin
Last meeting organized by the Society:
"The Intersection of Psychiatry and Neurology: Behavioral Neurology"
A Training Course
This is a training program which has started on the Jan 8th 2005 ( 3 hours of lecture and training every other Saturday) and will end on 26th MArch 2005, with an overall discussion with the participation of lecturers from Psychiatry and Neurology.
The program is well received by colleagues from both Psychiatry and Neurology, both residents and more seniors interested in the subjects.
Meetings and Activities:
- WPA International Congress is organized with the collaboration of TNS and PAT in July 2006 in Istanbul.
- "War, Medicine and Mental Health" March 20th, 2003, organized by Turkish Neuropsychiatric Association. The meeting took place in Istanbul Chamber of Medicine.
The panel brought together a Psychiatrist working on trauma issues, a Psychiatrist who was a member of parliament, a Physician from Public Health Dept. and a broadcasting head of a free Radio in Istanbul. The psychological trauma of war, the cost of war on human life and health, how politicians and media are viewing war were subjects that were addressed.
The meeting was very well received with a good number of colleagues from mental health and other fields of medicine.
- Turkish Archives of Neuropsychiatry published quarterly since 1963.