Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Welcome to the WPA 2015 Bucharest International Congress on Primary Care Mental Health: Innovation and Transdisciplinarity. This innovative scientific event is scheduled to take place at the Palace of the Parliament in Bucharest, ROMANIA, on 24-27 June, 2015. You may log on www.wpa2015bucharest.org for more details.
This is the second WPA Congress in ROMANIA. The first very successful one took place in April 2013 and was attended by colleagues from 55 countries. The WPA 2015 Bucharest IC is a joint initiative of the World Psychiatric Association in collaboration with the Romanian Association of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, “Carol Davila” Medical University of Medicine and Pharmacy, University Politechnica of Bucharest, the National Society of Family Medicine and the Romanian Public Health and Health Management Association.
The WPA 2015 Bucharest IC’s goals and objectives are as follows:
- identify Central, Southeast Europe & Eurasia primary care mental health challenges and opportunities
- define the benefits of primary care, mental health & public health integration for individuals’ and populations’ health
- compare evidence of best practices & lessons learned
- stimulate educational, research, services, and policy collaborations at national and regional levels and across the life cycle
- strengthen health systems performance and enhance individuals’ and populations’ health through primary care mental health
- enhance access, quality and sustainability of health for all
The Congress will be organized in plenary sessions, symposia, workshops, fora, oral presentations, and e-Posters. The scientific discourse will range from the latest neurosciences discoveries to health systems’ performance innovations, to non-communicable diseases, ICT, telemedicine, collaborative, integrated care and more. There will also be a WPA Organizational Forum and a WPA Intersectional, Scientific Forum. Special arrangements will be made to enhance young health professionals’ and health professionals in training participation in our historic Congress.
We cordially invite you to submit your papers proposals, to join us at this innovative Congress.
Deadline for papers is December 1st, 2014.
We look forward to welcoming you all in beautiful Bucharest in bloom, in June 2015!
With best wishes,
Professor Dinesh Bughra, Congress President
Professor Eliot Sorel, Co-chair Scientific Committee
Professor Aurel Nireştean, Co-chair Organizing Committee