Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

WPA Membership

How can I become a member of WPA?

There are two main types of membership at WPA; society membership or individual membership.

Click here to find the type of membership to apply for.

If you are a psychiatrist and already a member of one of WPA’s member societies, you are automatically considered a regular individual member of WPA.

Click here to see if your national psychiatric association is a WPA member society.

I’d like to join one of WPA’s Sections; how do I proceed and what are the basic requirements?

You need to be a member of WPA to join one of its Sections.

Click here to see the request form and to review the requirements for membership. Forms may be submitted online and applicants can expect to hear from the relevant Section within two weeks of submission.

I'd like to submit a news story to the WPA website; how do I do it?

To submit a news story, you can use our online form. Access it here. WPA web document publication guidelines are available here.

Where can I find WPA's brand guidelines?

Use of the WPA logo and associated branding is STRICTLY limited to those who have received approval from the WPA CEO. The logo must be used in accordance with the WPA Brand Guidelines, which you can find here.

WPA Congresses

Where can I view the calendar of the future WPA congresses?

Click here to find information about WPA's forthcoming congresses

I want to attend a WPA meeting or congress; how do I register?

Click here to find out more about forthcoming WPA congresses and meetings.

You will find links to the relevant meeting website where you will be able to register online, or find out more about how to register offline.

I participated in a WPA Congress and would like to obtain my CME certificate; how do I proceed?

You will find details of how to obtain your CME certificate through the official organiser of the Congress you attended. We recommend you visit the relevant Congress website for more information. You should be able to find details of the website or official organiser in your registration documents.